You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

restorick

Friday, May 20th 2016, 8:21am

Hunter or Rain Bird rotators for my application?

Hello all,

First time here - great resource! Apologies if my question seems basic, but I don't do this for a living.

I had a system installed 15 years ago. My installer used Hunter stainless rotors in the larger areas and Rain Bird pop up sprayers in the areas with max coverage of 15 feet. I'm tired of watching those sprayers thoroughly water my driveway when the wind blows! I've researched the rotator nozzles and think they would be an excellent replacement for the popups. That said, is there any significant difference between the RB or Hunter nozzles? Do the pros have a preference?

Also, my water pressure is approx 60psi. Will this mean I would need to replace the spray bodies with ones that have pressure regulation?

Thanks in advance!

Rick

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, May 20th 2016, 11:08am

Maybe water at night when the wind is blowing less. Any spray or rotor or rotator will give you wind drifting.

restorick

Friday, May 20th 2016, 1:44pm

Maybe water at night when the wind is blowing less. Any spray or rotor or rotator will give you wind drifting.
Thanks for the feedback. I neglected to mention that I would also like to take advantage of the water savings and additional distance that rotators offer.

With that in mind, is there a preference between the Hunter and Rainbird nozzles, and would I also need to look at replacing the bodies to control the pressure?

Rick

Rate this thread