You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.


Starting Member


Friday, May 26th 2006, 4:34pm

Replacing Control Valve

My valves are no longer working and need to be replaced (I checked the wiring and know that is not the issue). The problem is that I have a valve brand (Watermaster) that is not sold at any store local to me. I'd like to replace the entire valve rather than just the internals. I have two PVC pipes, approx 4" in length, extending from the ground which are fitted with male slip adapter. The adapters are screwed onto both openings on the valve. Well, the adapters are glued on and I am unable to remove them. Can I cut the PVC just below the adapter to get the valve off and then re-install a new male adapter with the new valve? Will this cause any problems?


Supreme Member

Posts: 5,287

Location: Metro NYC


Friday, May 26th 2006, 11:43pm

Go for it, but make sure the new valves are still higher than any of the sprinkler system they feed, if they are anti-syphon valves. That's what an above-ground valve usually is, and the elevation differential is what protects the water supply.

Rate this thread