You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, May 3rd 2016, 8:15am

Valve Questions

Hello,

I'm new to the whole sprinkler system deal and had a couple questions. I was hoping someone here could help me. I have a 13 zone system on my 1 acre lot. I have Rain Bird 100-DV valves. When I turned the water on this weekend I have mist spraying out of almost all of my valves at the spot where the arrow points. I replaced a diaphragm on two but they still do it. I called a sprinkler guy and he said the valve is most likely shot since thats where it was leaking. I'm pretty handy so I figured I could replace them myself, but looking at them more closely I had another question.

1) In the attached picture you can see the arrow with flow written in it. Water is shooting out right where it points. Is it a bad valve?
2) Notice how they have 2 valves tied together. The flow arrows seem to be contradicting. Should I install the same way as I take it out? The system has worked fine the last 3 years I've owned the house, so I would assume so. Logic just doesn't make sense though.

Thanks for the help!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 3rd 2016, 1:10pm

If you are going to do this yourself, then you should map out all the pipes and plan for a complete rebuild with a different layout.

Did the backflow preventer (photo, please) survive the winter?

Tuesday, May 3rd 2016, 2:10pm

Backflow preventer is fine. I can get a picture later today.

I can try to completely remap it out, but could you explain how this has worked the way it is done? I can't wrap my head around how it has been working.

Tuesday, May 3rd 2016, 5:52pm

Cancel this thread lol. I'm an idiot. After further inspection there is an inlet water supply. There is a T in between each set of valves.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 3rd 2016, 8:16pm

It was a given you were going to see that sooner or later, so I didn't bother pointing it out. The question becomes why, and how to deal with, the leak(s), since this would be uncommon if all the water had been removed from the plumbing before winter.

Jackel

Starting Member

Monday, June 20th 2016, 12:39pm

Wrong zone

When I set the control panel to manual, it shows zone 1 operating. In reality zone 4 turns on. When I set control panel to test cycle, zone 4 goes on. I tryed opening each zone at the valves themselves and each (including 4) turns on as it should. There are no crossed wires in the panel and each valve have 2 wires connected. Can anyone advise why this happening. I also disconnected the control box wire for zone 4, It still goes on as described.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Jackel" (Jun 20th 2016, 5:07pm)