You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Grady

Starting Member

Saturday, April 30th 2016, 9:52pm

Wire and Valve Locators

I want to buy a wire and valve locator. I have 3 different properties with systems. The largest property has just shy of a 1000 linear feet of wire. I have been looking at the Armada Pro 300 Residential Wire and Valve Locator and the Armada Pro 700 Wire and Valve Locator. There is another locator I have looked at as well, it is a Greenlee 521A. Can anyone advise me as to which one has the power to handle the 1000 feet of wire reliably ?

mrfixit

Sunday, May 1st 2016, 4:23am

Both products are good machines. I've had a 521 for 20 years. I've never had a problem with it. I'm not sure I've ever used it for 1000 feet though.

Have you read the product manuals?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 1st 2016, 10:54am

If there are ground faults and/or intermittent connections in the 1000-foot wire path, you may not be able to follow it for its entire length. If the wire path is sound and you have fresh batteries powering the transmitter, there should be no problems, since this technology is proven for a trace path running longer than a mile.