You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Jchoa

Starting Member

Saturday, April 30th 2016, 8:29pm

DIG pop up indicators

Anyone else having a problem with these? They clog up and leak. I think they are poorly designed. They should have a stake at the bottom and the barbed inlet at ground level. I am changing all of mine out to the flag indicators from netafim

mrfixit

Sunday, May 1st 2016, 4:19am

I've never seen a pop up indicator before. You taught an old dog a new trick. I can't recall ever seeing one on the shelf where I shop. Or one installed in someone's yard. I'll have to inquire.

What I do know is that Netafim is a far superior product overall.

Dig dripline and drip fittings are ok.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 1st 2016, 10:36am

What filtration is in place for the system with the DIG popup indicators? There might be a requirement not being met.

Rainbird uses a Xeri-pop head with a brightly-colored VAN nozzle to serve as an indicator, which seems to be a good idea, since the nozzle can be opened to allow the head to be blown out during winterizings.

Rate this thread