You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

camner

Monday, April 18th 2016, 10:51am

Rainbird ESP-SMT doesn't detect rain

I've had a Rainbird ESP-SMT (1st edition) for a number of years with an outdoor weather sensor that reads rain and temperature. This year when I started up the system, I noticed that the controller is always reporting 0" rain, even after it has rained. The temperature data is still being sensed, which suggests that the issue is not a connectivity issue.

Are the rain sensors repairable or separately replaceable, or am I looking at replacing the entire weather station?

I also noticed that Sprinkler Warehouse no longer seems to carry this controller...is that a statement that the unit is no longer available, or no longer recommended?

If I end up having to replace the entire controller, is there a recommended smart controller that is comparable (or better?) than the Rainbird?

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Monday, April 18th 2016, 11:41am

There are many options available

I like the Rachio timer it is a pretty neat timer.

Do a little of your research on it. It is internet based that uses your Home Wifi Network, it has a lot of cool options.

Available online or at Home Depot!
:thumbup: :thumbsup:
LI0006121, BPAT0011021, CI0009500

Rate this thread