You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

moe0827

Starting Member

Thursday, February 18th 2016, 5:47am

Can't get sprinklers on

Late last summer my system was working after being serviced and I was told at the time I was going to need a new controller and sensor. However, at that time, I couldn't afford the $450 they were asking for to install it. When we got into the colder months at the end of the year, I turned my controller off to stop watering since it wasn't holding up too well anyways. I recently went out and bought a new controller to install myself. On my old controller, the irrigator only had 2 zones wired into the controller so I followed the instructions step by step and wired the zones I had into the new controller. When I got to the "water now" option to test it, nothing happened. No water came out of anywhere. Thinking I might have wires crossed, I switched them and tried the same and still nothing happened. Is there anything I can check? Or is this something I need to have someone out to have a look at? I'm re-sodding my yard so I was wanting to get this done soon. Thanks for any feedback.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, February 18th 2016, 10:42am

Check the valves' mechanical fitness by operating them manually.

SunCoLawns

Advanced Member

Thursday, February 18th 2016, 1:51pm

There's lots of stuff it could be. You said you had a sensor, was that wired directly into the old controller? Did you re-install it in the new controller? Your best bet would probably be to get a multi-meter and check voltages, starting at the controller and working your way down to the valves

Rate this thread