You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Manhal Manhal

Starting Member

Monday, December 28th 2015, 6:41am

The Size of pump outlet And Irrigation Main line Size

Dear All

Please Your Help , My Irrigation System main line is 2" and The outlet of my pump is 1.5" , . is this can reduce the flow rate ? because the main line is bigger than pump outlet and what about pressure in this case .

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, December 28th 2015, 8:37am

Not a problem. Yes, there is always some turbulence when there is any change in the waterway, but a sprinkler system is not running on high-velocity water flow (because of the water hammer it can cause, and because high-velocity water flow is a waste of energy) , so there is no great performance penalty involved. If you really wanted to delve into this, you could look up charts that assign numbers to these plumbing changes, those assigned numbers being an equivalence in length of straight pipe.

BAD SPRINKLERS1

Starting Member

Sunday, January 10th 2016, 12:16pm

my sprinkle system want shut off not less I cut off the main valve what should I do

Not a problem. Yes, there is always some turbulence when there is any change in the waterway, but a sprinkler system is not running on high-velocity water flow (because of the water hammer it can cause, and because high-velocity water flow is a waste of energy) , so there is no great performance penalty involved. If you really wanted to delve into this, you could look up charts that assign numbers to these plumbing changes, those assigned numbers being an equivalence in length of straight pipe.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, January 11th 2016, 10:42am

You should navigate to the proper sub-forum for your question by clicking this link and starting a new thread with your question (along with mentioning whether or not you unplugged the controller)

Ronaldopels

Unregistered

Sunday, February 14th 2016, 9:48am

Valve Size

My irrigation system is 1 1/4". This is the size of the pipe at the pump. I want to install an automatic irrigation system. Most valves come in 1" or 1 1/2" sizes. Which should I install? :)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, February 14th 2016, 1:19pm

You should install what best matches the flow that is being delivered by the pump, and that is a number you should know, and not guess at. What make and model is the pump? Supply us that, and get the best answer.

Rate this thread