You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jnugget

Starting Member

Monday, November 30th 2015, 4:21pm

Help blowing out sprinklers, new house

Hi, just bought a house and trying to figure out how to blow out the sprinklers. My old house was set up differently. My water meter is underground at the curb line. About a foot away is a valve box with one valve/solenoid. I have 4 zones. So I figure they tapped in after the water meter but before the house. It's like there's 1 single valve on the main feed then there should be 4 valves for the zones, which I can't find another valve box. So I looked in where the water meter is and saw a small valve, I turned it off, then went in the valve box, unscrewed a plastic threaded plug in the top of the tee that is connected to the single valve/solenoid. Turned on zone 1, Hooked my compressor up and started to blow out that zone. I went in the house and opened the kitchen faucet and water/ air was spitting out. I disconnected the compressor, put everything back the way it was. Was this system installed correctly or am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated, thanks -John

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, November 30th 2015, 5:35pm

Can you take some photos? Tinypic is a great place to upload them and provides you with a line of 'forum code' to copy and paste into the message box.

{P. S. - please edit your profile to include your location, so you can get more specific advice}