You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, October 27th 2015, 10:45am

Low water pressure in zone 1

I have noticed one sprinkler head is leaking more than normal, I will replace and try that, also the fittings where the valve is, water is leaking out very slowly, just a couple of drops, I have checked the valve when the sprinklers are on and it does not leak but I will replace fitting and try again. Thank you for your help.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mdesigns529" (Oct 27th 2015, 4:35pm)

mrfixit

Tuesday, October 27th 2015, 2:42pm

I've seen this where a fitting has come unglued and sometimes it holds pressure and sometimes it doesn't. Look around for flooding when the pressure's low.

Also, open the bleeder screw while the pressure's low. Does it come on full strength?

Also look for leaky seals in the sprinkler heads.

mrfixit

Wednesday, October 28th 2015, 2:58am

You've modified your post after I replied. You deleted the part that said you've installed a new valve.

I know you're new here. Next time click on the green arrow towards the bottom of the page on the right hand side. It will say "reply" when you hover over it. Then leave what you've already said so people can keep up to date as to what's been said.

Thanks.

Wednesday, October 28th 2015, 9:17am

Ok, thank you for your help. Im going to replace a sprinkler head that I found was leaking and see how the works.

Wednesday, October 28th 2015, 9:18am

I also tried opening the bleeder screw when pressure is low and still no pressure increased or decreased.

Thursday, October 29th 2015, 10:47am

I have been working on my problem with zone 1, I replaced a sprinkler head and I have replaced the sleeves that attach to the valve. Same problem still, I opened up bleeder screw and it seemed to help but still not enough pressure. Next attempt I think I am going to replace the valve because I think its the problem. I have looked for leaks and found nothing.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, October 30th 2015, 7:56am

A pressure gauge would come in handy here. Connected to the supply, it helps in a diagnosis. A faulty valve that fails to open fully will leave the supply pressure higher than in normal zone operation.

Monday, November 2nd 2015, 11:27am

Ok after speaking with rain bird I changed the valve. It was working fine untill yesterday it started again. But this time the valve was making a huming sound than it stops. I opened the bleeder screw and sprinklers went on. It sounds like if something in the valve is closed, I am trying on adjusting the flow control screw but not sure if it is work. This morning I turned sprinklers in and they work fine. I am at a lost?? Is it possible that the valve needs to be adjusted? Its a simple rain bird anti syphon valve with a bleeder screw and flow control valve.Maybe I should try a different company valve?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, November 2nd 2015, 12:20pm

You might just have an electrical issue. Most wiring faults result in a no-operation condition, but there can be a tiny range of faulty wiring that gives flukey operation. You can verify the electrical health of the zone, with a multimeter.

Thursday, November 19th 2015, 5:03pm

Im still having the same problem with low pressure, I have been trying different things, but I did notice on the pop up sprinkler if I pull the top up and wait for a few seconds all the pressure comes up slowly and all sprinklers pop up fine. I do need to check the wires to make sure its not an a electrical issue.

Rate this thread