You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

dsmayse

Saturday, October 24th 2015, 10:43am

My Hunter XC Controller Year numbers aren't displaying correctly...is there a "go around" to reprogram?

The system was installed in 2009, so it is beyond the warranty. I bought the home a year ago and couldn't get the controller to reset...so I had purchased a replacement (other brand) at Home Depot. The cable installer saw it sitting out and assured me that the system I had was better than the replacements on the market.
He used to install the Hunter XC's and was able to reset/reprogram by "going around" the year as a part of the reprogram. He was able to get it working as it should.
We recently broke an irrigation pipe and my son turned off the controller system, not realizing that that wouldn't help us...and I have lost whatever "go around" that was done. What is displaying, instead of the year 2015, is "02 15".
Can someone walk me through the "go around" for reprogramming the system without having to use the year? I tried pressing both arrow keys and the plus and minus keys at the same time to use the system reset, and no errors were indicated. But I cannot get the manual station watering to start, and the automatically programmed days/times aren't working either. Help!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, October 25th 2015, 9:19am

There is a separate reset button used for the operation of rebooting the controller.

dsmayse

Sunday, October 25th 2015, 3:20pm

The reset button doesn't get around the date/year issue...unfortunately.

I think it is possible that a lightning strike might have impacted this unit in the past.
I was ready to throw in the towel and replace it, until the cable guy was able to use a "go around" to set the program using some other method than the year/month/day process. That is what I am looking for.
Once the system has been rebooted...how can the unit be activated, when the unit isn't logging the year correctly?
Thank you for the rebooting button idea though!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, October 25th 2015, 5:55pm

If you do a textbook reset and you still can't program it, trash the controller and get another one. I install the X-Core controllers, and they work.

Lightning can kill any controller.

Rate this thread