You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jlkinsel

Saturday, October 17th 2015, 12:29am

Adjusting direction of shrubbery spray heads

Howdy folks -

I've got a collection of 12" risers with Rain Bird fixed plastic nozzles on top of them in my irrigation system. One in particular was a quarter circle that I want to change to a half circle, but when I screw on the new nozzle, it's facing 180 degrees in the wrong direction. The wall doesn't need water!

Besides adjusting the radius of the spray, I don't see an obvious way to get this thing to point in the right direction.

This seems like it should be a simple thing...I haven't just grabbed the channel lock pliers and manhandled the thing yet - is that the magic trick? What am I missing?

maximus20895

Sunday, October 18th 2015, 9:14pm

I believe you should be able to grab on to the head and twist the smaller stem so it shoots where you want it to.

SunCoLawns

Advanced Member

Monday, October 19th 2015, 6:50am

Turn the riser.

jlkinsel

Monday, October 19th 2015, 9:47am

OK - so it is that easy. :) Will give it a try later this week and report back. Thanks for the replies!

jlkinsel

Wednesday, October 28th 2015, 5:15pm

Reiser turned easily with a pair of pliers. Thanks guys!

Rate this thread