You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.


Starting Member


Wednesday, October 7th 2015, 1:11pm

Well water irrigation system -


This may seem to be a rather simple "fix" to many but being a newbie I need the "best advice" possible. I recently purchased a home. It came with a well water irrigation system. The previous owner only used the pump on occasion to avoid electrical costs associated with it.
What he did instead was to allow the free flowing well water to come up thru the spigots. One spigot is attached to a hose and can be moved about the back yard. Here is my question:

The front yard spigot is stationary unlike the movable back yard one. I do have water coming up thru it. But it just flows in an arc in the same direction. Like the previous owner I would prefer not to use the electrical pump and rather have it be moveable.

How do I make the spigot moveable so I can place it anywhere in the yard with a hose attached to it? Do I unscrew the old stationary head and screw on a hose? And then attached a moveable spigot to the end of the hose? Is it as simple as that?

I feel a little embarrassed asking. But I need sage advice. I want the least expensive resolution. I'm open to brand name products.

Thanks and I hope my description has enough clarity.

Rate this thread