You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

PerryNZ

Saturday, September 19th 2015, 9:12pm

Greys (LA) & PGP Glands

4.5mm seems to be the largest low angle [LA] nozzle size that came with the pop-up rotors. I really need a higher output in that sprinkler zone, so I wondered if anyone has effectively 'converted' a standard (blue) nozzle to a de facto LA by screwing the retainer grub screw down - to get the desired effect.

I seem to be having problems with some leaking PGPs. I get the impression that the sealing gland in the castellated screw top could be the culprit. I replaced a couple of internal bodies to good effect. The originals are only around 3-4 years old. Are those sealing glands something that need regular replacement? ?(

Similar problem discussed in this thread

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "PerryNZ" (Sep 19th 2015, 9:21pm)

Evergreen Sprinkler

Thursday, September 24th 2015, 12:39pm

You won't get the same effect by turning the set screw down. The spray pattern will suffer. You might think about using the PGJ to get a shorter throw.

The riser seals should last longer than that. There are a couple of factors that may be shortening the life span. The heads may be set too low and below grade causing them to draw in debris when then pop up and down. Second, you may have really sandy soil causing the seals to wear out faster. The only fix there would be to use a head with a stainless steel riser like the I20-04SS.

Rate this thread