You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

austinrdennis

Tuesday, September 8th 2015, 4:40pm

First Time DIY Garden Hose to In-Ground Sprinkler Solution Help

Hello all,

I've been mandated by my mother to build her a sprinkler system to cover all her grass and it has to use her garden hose taps. I've bought a timer system for each of her two 3/4 inch taps. Connected to one "zone" (valve on system) is a 75 foot garden hose that connects to a Y joint that transitions to 1/2 inch flex tubing going to 2 sprinklers. Now I've read the static pressure as 60 PSI and my hose does about 4 GPM per 3/4 valve. For the life of me, I can't figure out how wich head to put on those sprinklers.

Do I need to figure out the PSI when it's running? Do I even have all the info I need?

I really appreciate any wisdom you guys can offer, but I'm pretty committed to making this particular setup work if possible. Also I apologize if someone has asked this before, Just point me to that thread If you would be so kind.

Thanks in advance!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, September 8th 2015, 5:18pm

You will work this out by trial and error quicker than by doing research.

If you ever want something more durable, that is not going to be a plumbing code violation, check back.

Good luck.

austinrdennis

Wednesday, September 9th 2015, 3:29pm

You will work this out by trial and error quicker than by doing research.

If you ever want something more durable, that is not going to be a plumbing code violation, check back.

Good luck.

That's what I feared, thanks for the reply!