You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

JimsLawn

Unregistered

Tuesday, September 8th 2015, 2:33pm

Rain Bird ESP-SMTe going on when controller is set to off mode

Last weekend I was working in the yard with the irrigation turned off (Rain Bird ESP-SMTe set to OFF mode) and all of a sudden one of my zones turned on. I ran into the garage and verified it was set to OFF. I flipped it to AUTO and back to OFF and then the zone turned off. The irrigation should never turn on if it's set to OFF mode, correct?

For some background, on the evening of 9/3 I set the controller to turn on each zone for a couple minutes so I could go mark the irrigation heads for aeration and then I set the controller to OFF mode. On 9/5 I was going to do some yard work and then turn the irrigation back on after that. At about 10am on 9/5 when I was in the middle of my yard work, Zone 7 turned on while I was standing in it.

We also got rain the morning of 9/5 and my irrigation is set to water on odd number days when needed. Here's what the logs said from 9/3 on...

ALARMS AND NOTES
04Sep 08:25A User Term
05Sep 08:29A Rain Susp
05Sep 10:00A Incomplete
05Sep 10:00A User Term
05Sep 11:03A User Term

EVENTS BY DATE
04Sep 08:25A UserTerm
05Sep 08:29A Rain Susp05

Sep Schl'd Z01 39Mi
05Sep Schl'd Z06 39Mi
05Sep Schl'd Z07 39Mi
05Sep 10:00A Incomplet
05Sep 10:00A User Term

05Sep 11:03A User Term

EVENTS FOR Zone 7

05 Sep Schl'd Z07 39Mi

Any ideas on why the irrigation went off? Thanks so much!

Rate this thread