You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Dagobah

Thursday, September 3rd 2015, 3:46pm

Rain Bird ESP 16-LX battery burned out, now display doesn't work

I have an older ESP 16-LX where the 12v battery burned out. When I say burned out, the leads had acid corroded all over them and was fused to the battery.

The bigger issue is that the display now only partially shows. I can still manually trigger the sprinkler, but it's nearly impossible to read.

Is there an easy fix to this?

Evergreen Sprinkler

Friday, September 4th 2015, 10:10am

Those clocks are suppose to use a rechargeable 9 volt battery, so some damage may have occurred if the wrong battery was used. Your best bet would be to try and reset the controller. Unplug the power, remove the battery and let it sit for a few minutes.There is also a reset button and a program clear.

www.rainbird.com/documents/turf/man_ESPLX.pdf

If you can't get the display to come back then you will have to replace it. Rainbird discontinued those timers years ago but you could try a search of the internet to see if you can find a new old stock front pannel. Or replace it with an ESPME.

Dagobah

Saturday, September 5th 2015, 8:06am

Those clocks are suppose to use a rechargeable 9 volt battery
You're right, I had my batteries confused. I had a 9v in there. I removed the battery, but the terminal of the connector came with it. It was fused to the battery with acid corrosion.

I'll try the reset button.

What's the process like to upgrade to a ESPME?

Evergreen Sprinkler

Friday, September 11th 2015, 9:41am

What's the process like to upgrade to a ESPME?
You would just replace the complete controller.

Rate this thread