You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

iron53man

Starting Member

Wednesday, August 12th 2015, 2:46pm

Valve identification

I have a 9-station inground sprinkler system that uses 9 Rainbird DV-100 valves. One of my pop-up sprinkler heads on station #7 is gurgling water when the station is not active and i suspect the diaphragm in the valve that controls station #7 needs to be cleaned/replaced. My question is how to i identify which of the 9 valves controls station #7? The valves do not hum or vibrate when active, the Rainbird tech support didn't have an answer and i have been unable to find the answer online.

Evergreen Sprinkler

Wednesday, August 12th 2015, 6:02pm

Take a metal sprinkler key or any long metal rod and set it on the valve. Then take the other end and set it up against your ear and the hissing noise will travel.

or
If you know which heads are leaking just manually turn on each valve by loosening the soleniods one at a time then you can determine which valve runs those heads.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, August 12th 2015, 9:36pm

Absent any audible indications, you can always employ a clamp-around ammeter to determine which wire(s) are carrying current.

Rate this thread