You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

twentw

Starting Member

Sunday, August 2nd 2015, 11:00am

Best way to find a hidden leak?

I have one leg of my sprinkler system that has very low pressure. In the past this has been due to a broken riser, but I've checked them all and they're fine. There's no obvious evidence of a leak anywhere - pooling water or mushy ground. The valve appears to work fine. How do I find this leak? My only thought is to cut and cap the pipe at various locations to narrow it down, but before I start that, is there a easier way? What would be ideal would be something I could stick in the pipe at the head locations that would stop the flow through the pipe. But I've never seen such a thing. Any ideas?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, August 2nd 2015, 4:39pm

You can confirm the valve is not opening fully by way of pressure readings (full opening drops supply pressure - partial opening leaves supply pressure higher)

stilinsm

Unregistered

Monday, August 3rd 2015, 8:53pm

I found my leak by inserting blank inserts in all of the heads within the zone. Took only a few minutes to find the pooling water and pipe damaged by lawn aerator.

dotlang@hotmail.com

Unregistered

Saturday, May 27th 2017, 12:36pm

airleakinlinefor3houses

our system is leaking air there is 3 houses that cant get water because all we get is air the system has been flushed but still no water X( all

Rate this thread