You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, July 28th 2015, 12:59pm

I have 2 zones that try to come on at the same time.zone 6 and 8

I have 2 zones that try to come on at the same time-zones 6 and 8. Does anyone know what might be causing this or how I can fix it?

mrfixit

Wednesday, July 29th 2015, 4:52am

What do you mean they "try" to come on?
Do both valves run at the same time or are two valves coming on for a moment then one shuts off?
Does the same thing happen when you run zone 6 with the timer and then it does the same thing when you run zone 8?

Wednesday, July 29th 2015, 10:24pm

6 comes on with 8 but neither zone runs due to lack of water pressure and 8 comes on with 6. We can't see any corrosion or broken wires.

mrfixit

Wednesday, July 29th 2015, 11:38pm

Ok thanks. That makes sense. I should have figured that.

The odds are the wire for 6 and the wire for 8 are touching each other.

Disconnect the number 8 wire from the controller and run number 6. Do they both still come on? If so look for bare wires touching each other.

Did you do any digging recently where the wires may have been damaged?