You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

bjlarson

Starting Member

Tuesday, July 28th 2015, 9:20am

Help with Richdel 508

Hello,
my wife and I just bought a new house and it has a sprinkler system. It's both of our first time ever having an inground sprinkler system and we're having trouble programming all the zones. We have 8 zones but can only run 4 on program A and 4 on program B. I figured out how to set times but my problem is that on the control panel when I'm setting up my start times it only goes to 4, not to 8. When I try program A it gives me options for zones 1-4 and the same thing for program B, but nothing for zones 5-8.
Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 28th 2015, 10:04am

You are misinterpreting the programming. It is a common mistake. Instead of thinking like you're programming a VCR, setting a start time for every show you want to record, think like you are setting an alarm clock. The alarm only has to go off once. Your controller only needs one start time, to run all the zones in sequence.

Remember, a "start time" is for a program, not for a zone.

Rate this thread