You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, July 19th 2015, 3:50pm

Micro pop-up sprinklers not working well

Finally got around to beginning installation on landscaping project. I bought an extensive amount of materials from Sprinkler Warehouse, including multiple DIG micro pop-up sprinklers.
I've just installed 9 new, DIG 12" micro pop-up sprinklers on one line (nothing else on the line). I have a 25 PSI pressure reducer in the line (recommended PSI is 15-30). I'm using 3/4" poly main, with 1/4" line from the mains to connect to the pop ups.

All of the spray heads work perfectly, but 4 of the 9 pop ups fail to extend fully, therefore, water is bubbling out of the base. If I pull up the non-extended stalks, all heads have plenty pressure and spray in their full pattern without any anemia. In order to trouble shoot I turned off all of the micro sprinkler heads except one (each time leaving one of the 'defective' ones) and it still did not extend fully.

This is very disconcerting, because 4/9 are not working properly and I bought about 20+ of these pop-us micro sprayers.

I'm beginning to think that the DIG product is somewhat inferior. Would appreciate any ideas, input, etc.

Supreme Member

Monday, July 20th 2015, 5:45am

try more pressure - you are at a stage where you can't do much else without a complete teardown - professionals put "micro-pop-ups" high on the list of things they will never install - from strictly a plumbing viewpoint, the idea of a popup running trouble-free from a "spaghetti-tube" water feed seems to be optimistic

Rate this thread