You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

davidp934

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 8th 2015, 9:02pm

6 stations/zones and only 2 valves??

SO my and my fiance have a house. The house is about 18 yrs old. and gorgeous. Well i have a good background with irrigation and landscaping from my younger years and also family owns a landscaping company. They are in a dif state so hard to just have them come fix this. Question i have, we have a Hunter system. I have tried numerous times to start up the system. Look for zones and flush them, and i have not found all of the sprinkler head locations. I am sure many of them have been overgrown. And i know for sure one or two zones are completely off. I have found heads with no pressure, cant hear or see any new seepage. And somehow the most crazy part is i have only found 2 valve boxes. Now we have about 5500 sq ft of property. And i have never scene that done before. I have paced the yard to where the neighbors probably talk over coffee in amusement. Trying to get it up and going. IF i can't locate all the heads or the rest of the valves, have no blueprint or drawing of the layout or design. What is my next step before shelling out 700+. Any help would be appreciated.

Hoover, AL

davidp934

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 8th 2015, 9:14pm

more info

And to add to this. I am almost certain that one or both of the sylinoinds are bad or shorted out or maybe wires are bad. I don't see corrosion. NOt positive but can't believe the lawn has overgrown all other valves??? I even probed the entire 80 ft by maybe 15-20ft wide front searching for heads, plumbing or boxes. figuring maybe they are turned off or just clogged. without proper tools i have no idea what to do next. I cant really flush system with air, not knowing where all the units are, and i don't have a dectector...

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 8th 2015, 9:23pm

You can rent a detector or go 'potholing' with a shovel. Either works. One is quicker by far.

Rate this thread