You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Grizz

Saturday, July 4th 2015, 1:55pm

Questions about a new sprinkler system

Hello all,

Sorry if this is not the correct section to post this in but I did not feel it fit in any of the other categories....please move it if I am wrong. Also, I tried to search my questions but much to my suprise, after 4 pages of reading nothing applied!!!

Anyway........I am currently in the process of hiring a certified irrigation contractor to install a new underground sprinkler system at my home. I am told that I would need 4 zones to control the front lawn, both sides of my house and the back yard (unknown amount of heads but they were adding the Toro Precision spray nozzles to the Hydro Rain heads) controlled by a Hydro Rain HRC 100 system. I also requested a rain sensor to be added as it seemed to make sense......all in with installation was $2450.00 which seems to be fairly comparable from what I can tell to the Calgary area. The reason I am not doing it myself is

1. They are using a vibration plow to install every thing so I will not have to repair my lawn afterward.

2. Time....I am out of town quite a bit over the summer at our lake home and don't have the time to water never mind learn about and install an entire sprinkler system. Time with my 5 yr old and wife are far more important at this stage of my life!!!

All that being said I wanted to inquire what I should be asking/looking out for as I have NO experience in this area and am trying to educate myself prior to our meeting next week. It appears there is not alot of information on the internet about sprinklers for dummies!!! Basically my questions are......

1. What should I be asking the contractor overall and with reference to my system ie: I need to pay attention to flow rates, PSI etc?

2. What are the answers to the questions above so I know if I am going with the right guy?

3. Is the rain sensor worth the extra 150.00 or is it kind of a gimmick?

4. Is there anything else I may be missing or that I need to know?

If you are interested, the contractors page is located here........http://futuregreencalgary.com/

Thanks in advance for all your help and advice.....I REALLY appreciate it!!!

Cheers

Grizz

Sunday, July 5th 2015, 9:45am

Wow, 35 people read my post and no is able to help out??

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Grizz" (Jul 5th 2015, 10:08am)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 5th 2015, 3:41pm

You should get references, so you can "ask the man who owns one"

mrfixit

Sunday, July 5th 2015, 6:05pm

Wow, 35 people read my post and no is able to help out??

Maybe the person who could help you was on vacation for the July 4th weekend celebrated in the United States.