You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Richtrek

Starting Member

Tuesday, June 30th 2015, 10:28pm

One sprinkler head leaking and water is OFF

Hey

Noticed water coming up from one sprinkler. I turned off the valve to the sprinklers/backyard. Water still coming out. Took off the cap and yup coming out. From where I cannot figure out. There is only one zone. In drought stricken Southern California this is a very bad thing.

Advice anyone?

mrfixit

Tuesday, June 30th 2015, 11:54pm

I would think if you repaired or replaced the valve your leak would stop.

Do you know the model of the valve?

Or can you post a picture? Go to tinypic.com to post a pic here using the forum code.

kimjcross

Unregistered

Saturday, July 11th 2015, 1:11am

One sprinkler head leaking and water is OFF

Sounds like the water is draining from the lines. If you replace the spray body with one that has a check valve, it should fix the problem. You should have the lines blown if there's gunk coming out with the water. Blowing out the lines annually is something that should be done.

Rate this thread