You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jeepie59

Starting Member

Saturday, June 20th 2015, 1:42pm

Two timers, one common from solenoid

Hi Guys,
I need to split off two of my zones (the grass areas) due to watering restrictions here in CA. I have all of the flower beds on drip, so I can water those 7 days a week, but I can only water the grass on Monday and Friday. I could get a dual zone timer, but I'd still have to manually switch between program A and B on the days I can water the grass. (Kinda defeats the purpose of having an automatic timer...) Can I run the same common wire to two timers by splicing it by the timers and running to each?
Thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, June 20th 2015, 6:18pm

why don't you get a real controller - the kind that runs all the programs you create - that way you get all your scheduled watering with nothing you have to adjust

mrfixit

Sunday, June 21st 2015, 4:24am

I'm a little confused by your post Jeep.
The controller you have now wont run A and B at the same time?
Which controller to you have?
As far as your question goes. I've done what you're asking and it worked. I've also seen it not work.

Rate this thread