You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

bstone

Starting Member

Friday, June 5th 2015, 12:30am

Interesting Problem

Hello, I'm new here. I just bought a house with a Rainbird ESP-8Si control box. The previous owner left behing a schematic of all of my zones; however, what she mapped out isn't correct. To make matters more interesting I've been trying to go zone-by-zone and map them out; however, I've noticed that the zones keep changing on me. For example, this evening I turned on zone 4 and noted that it covered the North side of my front yard. I then turned it off and went to zone 5 and noted its location. I then switched back to zone 4 and this time it fired up the zone on the side-yard of my house. It seems like every time a manually start a zone, the zone changes on me. Any ideas on what might be the issue? Do I need a new control box? Thanks!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, June 5th 2015, 9:20am

Where is your location? (I'm guessing *******)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, June 8th 2015, 7:43am

We may have lost this poster, but the reason for making a guess of the system location (Florida) is that this is a sprinkler system controlled by an indexing valve, and the only wires connected to the controller are at the Master Valve terminal. Of course the zone that is activated will change, because that is what indexing valves do, as water flow into the valve is applied and discontinued. It only matters that the master valve terminal is powered on and off. The actual zone terminals contribute nothing, and the controller has no idea what the indexing valve position happens to be.

mrfixit

Tuesday, June 9th 2015, 3:19am

Either that or he's operating the manual mode wrong. He turns the dial to 4 presses manual, 4 comes on, turns it to 5 presses manual 5 comes on turns it to 4 and 6 comes on.

Rate this thread