You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Visitor

Unregistered

Wednesday, June 3rd 2015, 11:15am

Richdel Diaphragm

All,

First time posting: thanks in advance for your help.

I need to replace the diaphragms in my Richdel control valves. A picture of the set-up is below. I am having great difficulty in figuring out where to order the part. I have reached out to the folks who posted the picture, but they don't typically sell parts to the public.

Many thanks in advance for any leads.

Best,

Roger

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 3rd 2015, 11:26am

That part is still made today by Irritrol for their 205 series valves.

Visitor

Unregistered

Wednesday, June 3rd 2015, 11:36am

That part

Thank you very much for your reply.

The hard plastic aspects of the part that you directed me to are certainly different from what I see in the assembly in my control valve. Do you nonetheless expect the rubber gasket to be the same as what is in my control valve so that I can at least replace that?

Or do you recommend that I use the valve assembly as-is (i.e., without disassembling it), and it will somehow fit in and work with my system?

Thanks,

Roger

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 3rd 2015, 11:57am

Come back with more complete photos of your valves. I gave you the answer for either a globe valve (Richdel R204) or an antisyphon valve (Richdel R711)

If what you have are valve adapters threaded into brass or plastic valve bodies, then you need something different.

Visitor

Unregistered

Wednesday, June 3rd 2015, 6:26pm

Come back with more complete photos of your valves. I gave you the answer for either a globe valve (Richdel R204) or an antisyphon valve (Richdel R711)

If what you have are valve adapters threaded into brass or plastic valve bodies, then you need something different.

Thank you very much. Please see photos below. You will see one Lawn Genie model number, but it has been of no use to me in figuring out what part to order to get the required rubber gasket. I tried ordering a part off of Amazon that I thought corresponded to the Lawn Genie number, but the diaphragm I received was totally different. Thanks again!

Visitor

Unregistered

Wednesday, June 3rd 2015, 6:28pm

I see I didn't embed the photos properly. Perhaps I can provide the dropbox link instead. Thank you.

Dropbox photos of Richdel valve

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 3rd 2015, 8:00pm

You got valve adapters. Different story with those. Them you can replace in their entirety, because no one will ever offer all the unique parts they're made with. Beyond replacing just an adapter, you might also look into replacing the entire antisyphon valve, which completely resets the clock on valve life.

(Irritrol is the inheritor of the Richdel line, with some new designs, which is why a parts order for Richdel can go awry)

Visitor

Unregistered

Wednesday, June 3rd 2015, 10:58pm

Though not the news I was hoping for, I am immensely grateful for the help. Time to move forward with a professional. Thanks so much!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 4th 2015, 9:02am

The diaphragm assembly I linked might have the pieces you need to rebuild a Richdel adapter, it's just that no pro ever rebuilds them, because the extra time costs more than a new valve adapter.

Rate this thread