You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Cnubern

Starting Member

Monday, June 1st 2015, 10:24pm

Wiring Problem with one Zone

First time user here, so I appreciate all the help you can provide...
I have a Hunter Controller, 20 zone system. I as I turned on the system for the first time this year, everything worked fine. Recently, I discovered that Zone 3 was not working. After doing some research, I learned the following:
1) Tested the volts at the Controller and everything tested within range
2) Tested the Ohms at the Controller and returned a value of 1 for Zone 3
3) Found the value box and determined that all 4 valves in the box would open manually
4) At the value box I switched lead wires from Zone 3 and Zone 4 (which is working fine) and ran the system; Zone 3 now works fine and Zone 4 would not work; so, I don't think I have a problem with the Zone3 solenoids in the value box
5) I used the timer box to start Zone 3 and then used a multi-meter to test the voltage at the value box; after taking off the wire nut, I connected the meter to the lead wire and common wires that are spliced together; Voltage appears to be good as the reading was in the 24- 26 range;
6) I cut and cleaned the lead wire in Zone 3 to make sure I was getting a good connection, but this did not help
I admit that I am not an electrician, so I must be missing something simple?? Should I look for problem in the other values boxes?
Thanks

Rate this thread