You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

xuamox

Starting Member

Sunday, May 31st 2015, 1:27pm

Nelson 6000 Heads need replacing

Hi,

The house that I bought has an underground sprinkler system that uses Nelson 6000 heads. The heads probably spray a 12'-15' radius.

One of my sprinkler heads has stopped working and is just spraying in a complete circle. Another head pops up, but will not go back down after it switches off.

My first question is, can I simply unscrew the head and replace it with a different brand of head? And if so, what brands are interchangeable with Nelson?

I noticed that Home Depot sells a Orbit head, but it only sprays 8 feet, so I don't think that will work.

Thanks for your help.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 31st 2015, 2:11pm

Hunter PGP heads are the replacement, being that the Nelson heads are copies of the Hunters.

pacstud

Unregistered

Monday, June 22nd 2015, 11:05am

nelson replace

I am also looking to replace. I have 5500 and 6000 Nelsons (well the caps at least). I have two questions:

If I go Hunter (they seem highly recommended and economical) do I get regular PGP or Ultra?
How do I convert the nozzles? If I pull the Nelson, will I get the nozzle size from the plastic? I am supremely amateur and don't want to do math or get it wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, June 22nd 2015, 2:12pm

Get the PGP, since their nozzle numbers match the Nelsons

Rate this thread