You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

akmtns

Wednesday, May 27th 2015, 7:16am

Wiring

I'm completely new to irrigation systems. I went to upgrade our older dial rainbird model, which was working fine and I probably should have left well enough alone. I purchased a rain bird set-900i. I have two sets of sheathed wires zip tied together that come into our garage. One contains 6 wires, I'm on a 6 zone system. The other sheath has two wires, which are red and white, and I presumed were the common and master valve. Only one zone comes on no matter what zones wires are plugged in. Of course, I can even unplug all of the zone wires and same zone comes on. Red into master / white into common activates that one zone, pull out white, no water, pull out red, no water. But I can swap the white wire and put it in master value and put red wire into common and water in same one zone. Do I have two commons, two masters, or ?. The system was working great so I don't think it's a field problem. I think it's simple but I just still don't get it - I followed the instructions and it appeared to be straight forward plug and chug situation. I have my neighbor stumped too.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 27th 2015, 8:54am

If you can locate the field valves, you can match up the wire colors.

akmtns

Wednesday, May 27th 2015, 2:21pm

Got it

Thanks Wet Boots, I found three of them and was able to get enough info. to figure it out.

Rate this thread