You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

LeakyWaders

Unregistered

Sunday, May 24th 2015, 6:23pm

Heads Draining with Valve Off

I recently installed a new irrigation system at my home. My side yard is not what I would call sloped but it does have a small drop of maybe 3-4 inches over 10 feet or so. The nozzles on my lower end are now draining after the valve shuts off. I'm currently running Rainbird 1800 with HE-VAN nozzles.

I have read about the 1800-SAM units, but I am confused. It says they have a check valve to not allow water to drain out the low end heads. So, does that mean you install the SAM heads on the upper area or the lower area? I need to get this fixed because I cannot have water running for an hour after my system shuts off and I don't want the problems associated with air hammer to get in my system.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, May 25th 2015, 8:22am

lower areas get the check valve heads

Wednesday, August 24th 2016, 10:26am

lower areas get the check valve heads
I have the same Rainbirds in the lower areas. What kind of check valves can I install in those sprays?

Rate this thread