You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

buhbuhh

Tuesday, May 19th 2015, 6:00pm

Help setting clock on a Rain Bird Professionsl ESPx Twelve-X

We bought a home with a Rain Bird Professional ESPx Twelve-X. I have a manual but it does not have instructions for changing the time for some reason. There are no manuals on the Rain Bird site and getting through to the phone help line has been impossible. It is just off an hour after the time change but where I live there are time restrictions for watering and I am now outside that limit. I have looked at other manuals and tried to change the time but have not been able to get it changed. Inserted is a photo of the controller. Anyone know what I need to do to change the time?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 20th 2015, 12:46am

the inside cover has the instructions you need

mrfixit

Wednesday, May 20th 2015, 2:02am

Turn the dial to hr and press the ON button.

buhbuhh

Wednesday, May 20th 2015, 7:44am

The inside cover does not have the instructions. I did move the dial to the day, hour, and min and pressed the ON and OFF and that did not work. I also moved the switches to various positions while moving the dial to the setting and pressing the up arrow and down arrow and that did not change anything. Something may just be broken but since the sprinklers still work I am going to just wait until I can change out the controller with a newer home automation model from another manufacturer.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 20th 2015, 10:59am

The instructions may not work for you, but they are still there inside the cover. You probably need to do a full reset of the controller, and you might want to wait until your replacement controller is in hand.

buhbuhh

Wednesday, May 20th 2015, 9:12pm

Here is the inside cover. There are no specific instructions on how to set the clock time. I think the touch pads for the up and down arrow keys may be bad or the circuit. I just wanted to make sure I was not missing something.

mrfixit

Wednesday, May 20th 2015, 11:46pm

It clearly states in step 5 how to set the current time.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 21st 2015, 7:07am

It is not beyond the realm of possibility that the touch pad buttons are the problem. Maybe you have to press harder, or for a longer time. I know from activating these controllers manually that sometimes the buttons don't seem to be responding.

mrfixit

Thursday, May 21st 2015, 4:50pm

He wouldn't be able to set the run times either if the buttons didn't work.

That's a really old controller. I'd replace it.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, May 22nd 2015, 9:08am

the touch pads on some controllers can really frustrate people unfamiliar with them, because they can't tell the difference between buttons with old age problems, and controller programming that demands a minimum time for a button pressing to register

Rate this thread