You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

azpastafarian

Unregistered

Monday, May 11th 2015, 7:50pm

Hanging basket zone backflow prevention

I am adding a container/hanging basket zone to an existing sprinkler system. I will be controlling the new zone with an new zone control kit. The system already has a FEBCO-765 Pressure Vacuum Breaker backflow preventer. Problem is, the FEBCO is supposed to be 12 inches higher than any system component. The hanging baskets will of course be many feet above the backflow preventer. So a little research has lead me to believe I should add a double check valve backflow preventer. Here's where my questions start -
  1. Why do I need to added a $100 double check valve backflow preventer to my system when, if I was just running the hanging baskets off a hose bib, I could just get by with a $5 backflow preventer.
  2. If I do go with the double check valve, where do I put it? Between the FEBCO and the zone valve? Downstream of the zone valve?
Thanks!

Rate this thread