You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

desertam

Unregistered

Monday, May 11th 2015, 12:16am

Netafim Techline CV

I am building my first low-flow drip irrigation system for desert landscaping. My preference would be to bury the whole system (including emitters) to keep it out of view. I’m considering using Netafim Techline CV by intermittently splicing small sections into the ½” distribution line in the areas around my plants, rather than using punch-in emitters that can’t be buried. Does anyone have experience doing this? Is there a reason why it would not work?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, May 11th 2015, 8:08am

buried emitter lines are subject to root intrusion - that's why you see installation diagrams with emitter line above grade, covered by mulch

desertam

Unregistered

Monday, May 11th 2015, 7:18pm

Techline CV can be used for subsurface applications and is designed to prevent against root intrusion, that's why I am considering using it instead of normal punch-in type emitters or typical emitter lines, that can't be buried.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, May 11th 2015, 9:55pm

genuine desert environments are not supposed to be friendly to emitter tubing of any type - animals chew right through it to get at the water

Rate this thread