You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Bill1974

Unregistered

Friday, May 8th 2015, 9:46am

Any easy/cheap way to trace where sprinkler line run?

My sprinkler system is not set up all that well. Short of complete scrapping it, I would like to try and make use of some of the existing line if possible. But as I have learned for doing gardening I have line running is locations I would never have guessed.

Is there any way to trace where lines are run? I would prefer not to just run a new line when there is one possibly a few feet away.

From what little knowledge of systems i have, i think mine is not the typical. For one the manifold and valves i have are located in my attached garage and is made of sweated copper. Then each of the 5 zones has a pipe leaving through the exterior wall of the garage. There is also a vacuum breaker on the out side and its not at the highest point of the system.

I would like to install a few manifold boxes around the yard, (the property is a half acre) and use some of the existing lines if possible. I know I will have to run wires to the boxes but that shouldn't be too much work.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, May 8th 2015, 10:01am

Sell the unneeded copper for scrap and build a system the right way, starting with proper backflow prevention.

Rate this thread