You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, May 6th 2015, 11:57am

Two valve boxes "one" common wire

I'm new to this forum and am new to the world of sprinkler systems/wiring. We bought a house with a fully installed
sprinkler system (Rainbird ESP). I've turned on the system (now that it's warm enough), and discovered 4 of my 7 zones didn't operate. After a lot of trouble shooting and wire splicing, I became frustrated and cut all of the lines. Now, I've got a cut 8-strand wire from my controller coming into my back yard valve box with 5 valves, and 3 white-colored wires (one common and two "hot" wires) that run from out of my 5-valve back yard box to a 2-valve box in the front yard. Two questions: what is the best way to connect the common wire from my controller (going into my 5-valve box) to the common wire running out of my 5-valve box to my front yard 2-valve box? And, how large of a connector (wire nut) do I need to connect the 7 "hot wire" valve wires to the one common wire (coming from my controler box). I tried to do this, however, the common wire kept coming out of the wire nut (I used a wire nut that had the silcon in it).

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 7th 2015, 6:06am

no need to try to connect all the commons in one wire nut

Friday, May 8th 2015, 2:25pm

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something. I also bought a Blazing Products BVS2 Wire Connector to help me with all of those wires in my back yard box.

Rate this thread