You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, May 3rd 2015, 4:28pm

LawnGenie System Won't Turn on - Model 406HLG

We live in a rental home. It has a LawnGenie irrgation system - Model 406HLG. Due to the drought here in California, I had to turn the system off and change when it went on. It had a 6 spoke skip-a-day dial. Last weekend, I replaced it with a 7 spoke dial and inserted skip-a-day pins in the Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday spokes since we are only allowed to water on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. I moved the time dial counterclockwise to set to current time.

Last Wednesday the sprinklers went on. However they didn't go on on Friday. Today is Sunday so it will be interesting to see if it does tonight. One issue is the Circuit Selector Knob doesn't have an arrow in the middle. It looks like that is supposed to be pointing at the closest time on the time dial. I'm guessing its pointing to it but who knows. I've tried moving the Circuit Selector Knob but that seems to turn the system on and never go off. Trying to figure out what is wrong.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 3rd 2015, 6:49pm

That clock is dead simple in design. It's far more likely to stop working from user interference than it is to fail on its own.

Does it still keep time?

Sunday, May 3rd 2015, 9:12pm

It appears to. Its turning. I just wonder if the Circuit Selector Knob needs to be turned to a certain position for it to turn on.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, May 4th 2015, 11:53am

That knob should have a notch on the edge of the wheel and an arrow in the center. Point the arrow at the center of the time dial and the notch should softly click into place.

Rate this thread