You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

BondBull

Starting Member

Sunday, May 3rd 2015, 8:54am

None of my controller valves are working

Hi Irrigation Experts - this is only my second season dewinterizing my rainbird irrigation so I'm still relatively a novice. Right now none of my zones will work. I installed my backflow RPZ, made sure all of the valves were open, water turned on, and tried the "test all zones" function on my control box. All of my sprinkler heads were sputtering as the water filled in but none of them seemed to receive adequate pressure to pop up and work properly. This is even with my pump running too. I tried loosening the flow control stems (turning counter clockwise) as I saw they were very tightly secured. At this point , I noticed my control boxes were filling with a bit of water which leads me to believe non of my control valves are working. Can anyone think of what I should do to correct this? Thank you very much in advance.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 3rd 2015, 3:15pm

Check every manual valve in the supply chain and make certain they are completely open.

EricJRW

Wednesday, May 6th 2015, 8:02pm

The first thing I thought when I read "none", is that something is wrong with the common wire. Do you have a volt meter so that you can check the voltage on the controller? If the voltage is good (about 24 VAC) there, I would suspect the common wire in the system. Depending on how it's wired, the likely place to check for a problems is at the controller connections, or possibly a cut wire. Was any digging done recently? Depending how the system is wired, the most likely place for a cut wire is before, or at, the "first valve" (electrically speaking). Check the electrical connection there.

Eric

PS. My controller has a fuse. That might be something to check too.

-ew

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "EricJRW" (May 6th 2015, 8:18pm)

tony v

Unregistered

Sunday, May 10th 2015, 9:29am

hunter x-core controller

my controller shows no display when pluged in to a good outlet,

Rate this thread