You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

OJ

Unregistered

Thursday, April 30th 2015, 2:30pm

Two service lines

Hello,
I'm the process of installing a sprinkler system myself and have studied a great deal on the subject; however, I have a question in regards to the service line and POC. Due to local codes, I need to install a backflow prevention device between my main and irrigation line. This can be done easily on one side of my house where I'll be installing a drip irrigation valve and three sprinkler valves; however, running a line to the other side of the house is a challenge since I would have to run a pipe under my driveway that is 3 cars wide. I honestly think the doing the pressured water method of pushing a pipe under ground at that distance seems a bit difficult and trenching around the house through the backyard would also be a lot of work.
On the other side of my house where I plan to install two control valves, there is an existing water hose line. Could I tap into this line to avoid having to run pipe under my driveway or around my house? Obviously, I would install an additional backflow prevention device on that side, but I'm not sure if this is ok. My main questions is, Can I tap into a water hose line that is coming from house and not my main water line?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 30th 2015, 4:35pm

You do yourself a long-term kindness by having only one source connection and one backflow preventer, even if it means a long run to reach the far side of the driveway.

Rate this thread