You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

DJM8507

Starting Member

Tuesday, April 28th 2015, 12:21pm

"NO AC" Message on Controller, Replaced Controller, worked for a little bit, before getting same message. FRIED?

So I have a Controller KRAIN3200 and I was getting the "NO AC" Message. I was told to just replace the whole unit, so I went ahead and did so. The wall outlet checked out fine, so ti was assumed that it may have been the transformer or control board. Installed the new unit, seemed to work without issue after a quick test. Next day I go check and it is again giving the "NO AC" message and smells off.

What could be "FRYING" the controller? Seems like the new one is now fried. Could it be the wiring to the valves??? previously it was plugged directly into the wall outlet. With the new one I went and bought a heavy appliance surge protector to ensure it was not due to a lightning strike or power surge.

Please let me know, as I don't want to replace it again and just fry another one.

Thanks.

Rate this thread