You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Kransom

Sunday, March 8th 2015, 7:49am

Hydraulic system problem

Hello, I'm new to this forum and would appreciate any help. I'm a disabled person and need some information. I can do some work but can't spend all day trying to fix something. I have a hydraulic irrigation system that has been almost completely redone. It has been working perfect for the last 3 years after we had many lines fixed, new back flow preventer, new pump, new timer and new valve controller. All of a sudden I have 1 out of the three zones that keeps getting skipped. Only the front yard zone and the plant bed zones come on. The back yard zone keeps getting skipped. If I shut off the power to the pump and wait about 15 seconds I can sometimes get it to finally come on after about five attempts. When they replaced the pump they also put a small orange back flow valve near the pump that it never had. There is the large anti back flow valve out in the back yard where the pipe comes out of the ground for our shallow well. All worked fine for quite awhile but now this skipping zone is happening. Would greatly appreciate any info to make this thing work properly again. Oh and all the heads are new also.Thank you all and have a good day. ?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, March 8th 2015, 9:30am

You might upload some photos of the various parts of the system you can see. Hydraulic control valves are quite uncommon nowadays. You might have a valve problem, or you might have a pump problem, or even a water-table problem, if the source is a shallow well.

Kransom

Monday, March 9th 2015, 3:03pm

Hydraulic system

I guess they are fairly common down here in Florida where you have a shallow well. My well is 10 feet from the canal I'm on so I don't think its a water table problem. I don't understand why it's only that one zone that gets skipped. Everything is new within the last 12 months.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, March 9th 2015, 5:58pm

When the final zone(s) in a sequence fail to operate reliably on a shallow well, the water table deserves a second look. In any event, try changing the order of the zones and see what happens.

The reason you should document the equipment being used, and share that information here, is that there are different kinds of hydraulic valves. You may have Normally Open valves, or you might have Normally Closed valves. Different animals, even if they can look identical from the outside.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wet_Boots" (Mar 9th 2015, 6:05pm)

Rate this thread