You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Matt0303

Starting Member

Wednesday, January 28th 2015, 10:34pm

Sprinkler System 101

Hello Everyone,

I want to install a sprinkler system at my parent's house. They are getting up there in age and I figure anything to make life easier for them would help. The problem I'm currently facing is that I have no knowledge of sprinkler systems. Could any of you help explain or guide me in the right direction of what steps I need to take in order to make this happen?

Also another important part that I was wondering, was that my parents are not easy adapters to any kind of technology. So my question is what kind of issues/headaches should I keep in mind that you guys face and how do you all manage to deal with them?

Thanks for the help!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, January 30th 2015, 4:00pm

Technology is going to be an issue so far as goes a controller for a sprinkler system, since they are all going to be solid state, unless you want to spend $$$ on an old electromechanical controller from an auction site.

Read the do-it-yourself guides for general knowledge, and see if you can't get your location added to your membership details on this website, since advice is sometimes location-specific.

Rate this thread