You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wanttogarden

Unregistered

Monday, January 26th 2015, 3:28pm

Sprinkler Head Location?

I am planning my raised bed gardens but have a big problem. My irrigation water is turned off for the winter, so I am not able to turn the sprinklers on to gain knowledge of their placement. I don't want to place the beds over the sprinkler heads. I will be planting in March and April, but the water will not be turned on until the end of April. Does anyone have any idea how I can find them so I don't make a costly mistake?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, January 26th 2015, 4:16pm

Run the system on air.

Wanttogarden

Unregistered

Monday, January 26th 2015, 4:42pm

I tried to turn them on this weekend, but they did not pop up. I probably did it wrong. How would I run it on air?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, January 26th 2015, 9:52pm

When a sprinkler system is winterized, it is run from a compressed air supply instead of water. The sprinklers pop up and air flows from the nozzles. As long as the ground isn't frozen, any underground sprinkler plumbing will pass the air without issues.

Rate this thread