You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

csontag1

Unregistered

Thursday, January 15th 2015, 3:43pm

Batrow timing system

Hello,

I purchased a home in Tucson. I am mostly (12 months at a time) away and do not want to bother with plants for now. The (out of business) Batrow irrigation timing box is ticking loudly and I do not see how to turn it off.

The settings are Manual Auto and Rain, which I presume is off, but it does not stop the ongoing clicking noise when on Rain.

The good news is, I saw that years ago on this forum someone needed pins for the timing device and they certainly could have some of mine. I have 4 and it appears I only need two, if that.

Thank you,
Cody

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, January 15th 2015, 10:20pm

You need a fixed number of pins on the large wheel, no matter how many zones you have. You have a noisy motor, which is common when they get old. When the motor finally gives out, you buy a new controller (for way less money than a replacement motor would cost nowadays)

Tucsontoo

Unregistered

Friday, March 25th 2016, 12:51pm

Batrow is not out of business

Hi Cody - I have a Batrow I-24 system also here in Tucson. You can get pins by contacting John Batrow, PO Box 402, Branford, CT 06405. They are $22 for a packet of 10 long and 5 short. You can change the mix on those if you just tell him. Send a check with all your mailing info and phone #. Go to Batrow.com and all the way to the bottom of the page. Click on PINS FOR MINI.

I'm just posting this for others who might have the system. If you want to get rid of your pins, I would love to have them. My system still works great. You can contact me at 520-742-7410

Rate this thread