You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Glen

Unregistered

Sunday, December 7th 2014, 4:14pm

Sprinkler wires severed by plateau contractor installing fiber optics

Sprinkler system didn't work this weekend so figured I'd dig where I thought they dug with their machine and found out that they cut all the wires to include the copper covering that went around wires to also include the plastic conduit around it. I spliced the proper color coated wires back together and just used a jumper wire between cut copper conduit which I thought might be acting has the ground to see if it would work but no go. Can anyone tell me if the copper conduit is the ground and does it have to have the same size replacement. I also was only getting about 10 volts AC on only 1 wire, all the rest nothing even when I was changing stages. Any help appreciated!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, December 8th 2014, 6:30pm

"copper conduit" is a bit confusing - a photo or two might clear things up - your location would also help, as field conditions vary

It's good that you had color-coded insulation on the broken wires. Now is the time to take inventory at the controller, which wire is which, and what are the resistances from zone wire(s) to common, something more informative than a voltage measurement.