You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.


Active Member


Friday, July 1st 2005, 3:43pm

Poly fittings to sprinklers?

I'm in the process of putting together a materials list for a sprinkler system on this site. I've found just about everything I need.

I would like to connect poly from the valves to the sprinkler heads using 1 inch poly. The sprinkler heads have 3/4 or 1/2 FPT and I need 1 inch poly to MPT for these sizes. I see the swing pipe fittings, but the size is not listed for the poly connection. It just says 1/2 MPT - no 1/2 MPT & 1 inch poly for the specs.

Am I missing something or is it assumed to be 1 inch poly?

Also, the poly (funny pipe) 100ft rolls, is this 1 inch 100 psi?

I would like to go 1 inch from the valves all the way to the sprinklers.



Supreme Member

Posts: 5,288

Location: Metro NYC


Friday, July 1st 2005, 9:25pm

Two ways exist to get from the one inch poly to the sprinkler heads using funny pipe (often designated with a 3/8" size on the insert fittings) - You use 1" x 3/8" insert couplings or tees, or use 1" insert by female pipe thread tees or ells, and thread a funny pipe elbow into the female threaded insert fitting.


Active Member


Saturday, July 2nd 2005, 5:38pm

Thanks for the help.

I'll use the 1" poly X 1/2 FPT and 1" poly X 3/4 FTP combination "T" and ells to MPT funny pipe straight and ells.

I didn't see the 1" x 3/8" insert couplings and "T"s.

It's alot easier if I can see all the parts in front of me. Going back and forth with web pages is a pain trying to see what fits together and what doesn't.

Rate this thread