You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wetfeet

Unregistered

Monday, November 10th 2014, 8:38pm

Most interesting service call in the world.

I have a good one for you. Let's see how long it takes you to figure out the problem.
This is a call I actually received from a customer. I'll be playing the customer, and I'll feed you information as you request it.

"Hello, Sprinkler Gurus? Yes, I have a problem. Whenever my sprinkler system runs, my washing machine fills up with water."

Annnnnd GO!

Wetfeet

Unregistered

Thursday, November 13th 2014, 12:09pm

Really, nobody wants to even guess?

Mitchgooo

Unregistered

Wednesday, January 7th 2015, 5:24am

Easy.

The valve / diaphram to the washer machine is failing and water hammer is causing it to leak water through.

Or.. The valve/ diaphragm is failing and there is a mass pressure loss when the system is running causing the washer machine to open up

Remedy -

Replace wash machine water valve.

Install check valve in line on water service line downstream of irrigation point of connection

Check water pressure / possibly adjust

Possibly a water hammer arrestor

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, January 7th 2015, 10:08am

Sounds plausible.

Rate this thread