You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.




Tuesday, April 15th 2014, 5:30pm

Replacing failing M-M valves

I would like to replace my old 1" Toro valves that are failing with new ones (leaning toward Rainbird 100 HV). However, the Toro values are male-male. What fittings / approach would you recommend?

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Posts: 371

Location: Central Minnesota


Tuesday, April 15th 2014, 9:24pm

I would rebuild your current valves long before recommend changing to New valves. That would be an expensive repair, and frankly, unnecessary in my opinion.




Wednesday, April 16th 2014, 5:33pm

I should have mentioned that these do not have any repair parts as far as I can tell. They were purchased at Home Depot nearly 10 years ago and seem to be a lower grade product line perhaps produced specifically for Home Depot and long since discontinued. If someone can set me on the right path to replacement parts that would be great since it would be easier and cheaper.



Posts: 2,322

Location: USA


Wednesday, April 16th 2014, 8:06pm

That's quite a unique manifold.
I've seen your valve at Hydroscape which would cost less than Amazon Toro Valve.
Go to a local Irrigation supply house and see if they have them or can order them for you.
Here's the specific parts if you want to go that way. Parts


Supreme Member

Posts: 5,294

Location: Metro NYC


Wednesday, April 16th 2014, 9:58pm

Those are actually 3/4-inch Toro valves of a unique design, with the solenoid and valve cover all one piece. It sold to the trade as the 264-06-03 and to home centers as the 53380. It wasn't bad for drip, since it works at low flows, but larger flows for lawn sprinklers made for a lot of pressure lost in the small valve.

Rate this thread