You are not logged in.


Starting Member

Posts: 1

Location: USA


Tuesday, May 22nd 2007, 3:47am

Main shut off valve

I purchased a home with an existing Rain Dial Hardie sprinkler system with no manuals or information on the system.
The seller went through a divorce and the wife does not know anything about it. All she said that her husband had shut off the water for the sprinkler - where , how she did not know...
How do I find the main shut off valve to start the water. What does it look like?
I found a water meter and an another thing on the ground near the
street that is green and round ( not the centricon system ) but filled with dirt.


Bill Painter

Advanced Member

Posts: 59

Location: Phoenix Az USA


Tuesday, May 29th 2007, 6:06am

The round box might well be a gate or ball valve supplying the system.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained! Have a look!
The Irrigation Specialist Mfg' Az.
Please check my website and you'll find what I do and the unique tools I make and market.
Real timesavers, especially the Suck-Tube and Krik-It.

Rate this thread